My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, May 22, 2006

it's listed

Our house is on the market!! :oD
My Mom and Dad came up and spent the weekend to help get the house ready for sale. We all worked hard "staging" the house (I've been watching TLC). DH, DS, my parents and I packed unnecessary things to make the house less cluttered. We washed windows and curtains. Shined countertops and sinks. Cleaned the turtle tank, the garage/barn and even had DS make his room reasonably presentable (teenage boy... 'nough said). The realtor came over on Saturday and we signed the listing papers!!!!! We are still miles from being moved, but at least now I won't have a panic attack if someone wants to come for a showing. We are finally on the way to getting this one sold.
I took some pictures for the realtor to use in the listing. I thought I would share some for posterity. We have been here for almost 8 years and even though the house has never really matched my personality like the one we are moving to and the one we built before this I will have some very fond memories.
Needless to say with all the housework going on not much time for quilty happenings. I am so anxious to get my quilt from the previous post put together. It has been calling to me from my sewing table. I did start some packing work in my bedroom/sewing room today and had to sit and sew a few nine-patches before I could get anything done. :>)

14 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Looks good! I watch those shows also, if we ever make a move I should know what to do! No clutter seems to be the most important on the list.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Your house look nice and welcoming and I am sure you will hit the heart with the buyers. Good luck on selling ! I wish you a speedy sale and a very good price.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Lovely, Tami. It always sounds like they want the rooms devoid of much personality so the buyers can picture their stuff instead of yours. No clutter and often a new coat of paint.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

great going on getting to the listed stage! Looks very nice-a good cleaning is really worth it to help sell the place. Glad you were able to do a small amount of sewing too :-)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow! Looks great! Maybe you can come spiff my house up! It needs it bad!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

best wishes for a fast easy sale!

3:17 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for a fast sale!
Jeanne

6:20 PM  
Blogger Leah Spencer said...

Ohh, I love your kitchen, especially the cabinets - maybe that'll be the selling point of the house! :)

12:15 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

The pix look beautiful, almost like a House and Garden magazine! :)

4:07 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Looks nice and homey - so you did a good job de-cluttering without making it look sterile. Good luck with the sale!

Cheers!

Evelyn

7:04 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Good luck wwith selling your house ! I hope it is soon. so that youhaev more time for quilting instead of cleaning ;-)

6:20 AM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Best of luck...it looks great.

Sio

9:34 PM  
Blogger Lois R. said...

I'm feeling your stress. I'm in a suburb outside of DC and our house has been on the market for about the same amount of time. I'm stressed because nobody has come to look at our house (besides the open houses)! Yikes! Hope you're having more luck than we are!

By the way, I'm thanking my lucky stars that you're not our competition. Your house would KILL our 1960's "colonial." Your house is gorgeous!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

The house looks very pretty. Good luck with selling it quickly.

Judy L.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home