My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, May 08, 2006

round one

I did get some time to quilt this weekend. I got the first round done for our quilt group's Round Robin. I should be safe posting this since the person it belongs to doesn't even know I have a blog. I had a little bit of a tough time deciding on the border. This round was triangles and as you can see her entire block was hst's. I decided to go with a narrow black border to end the triangles in the block so I could build on that. I am reasonably happy with the outcome although I did add 14" to the 16" block. Hopefully not everyone wants to do such a wide border or her's is going to end up huge. We trade next Tuesday and the next block I am getting will be a Christmas Tree. I will have to do squares and/or rectangles. I have an idea kicking around in my brain, but I have to wait to see what the triangle border looks like.

17 Comments:

Blogger dot said...

This is very pretty. Whoever it belongs to is very lucky.

12:36 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Ohh, I like that too - If she doesn't like it, she can mail it to me!

2:06 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

I think you did a fabulous job with it! It really looks nice!

7:58 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Ah such fun... I love the idea of round robins. I love the choices. I love seeing how different prople interpret the designs, etc.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

This is beautiful! You will have a lot of fun in your Round Robin. I know I did.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Oh, I love it!!! It is the perfect compliment to the middle block. The owner will be tickled!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what you did is beautiful though! It looks great! Can't wait to see what you do with the xmas tree!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

looks perfect...have fun with the next one!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Three Friends said...

That looks like a perfect choice of borders, Tami

7:45 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That looks great! If you need another 1/2 square triangle idea, check out my blog at http://myquiltinglife.blogspot.com

Our RR theme is not necessarily triangles (it's just any border between 3" - 6"), but that's what I did for the one I have now and it looks really neat (even though it feels like it's 1000s of those little triangles...LOL).

Great job!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Great job Tami - you will have fun with the round robin!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Nellie's Needles said...

Wonderful piece! Round robin quilts can turn out great ... better than what any one of the contributors would've ended up doing. I like the design challenge of making elements work. Plus there's the push for me to go where I would never have thought of going design wise on my own.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Tami...fabulous!!! Love it!
Hugs
Laurie

10:49 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

I like the look of this RR :-) I hope we get a chance to see the finished quilt top when it is done.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

When I first saw this, I didn't realize you had already added your section. It looks so natural! I'd be happy with it, too!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Very fun round robin so far! I love it!

Bonnie

7:35 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

You did a terrific job with this - your border perfectly complements the starting block.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home