My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

i think i'm gonna love it

I have been so anxious to get this quilt done to a point that I could lay it out and see what it is going to look like. I think I'm going to love it. :o) I still have a ton of the nine-patches left to make, but I couldn't wait. Sorry the picture is so dark.
We had our quilt guild meeting tonight and passed along our round robin quilts. I don't think I am going to be able to do what I had in my mind for the Christmas tree because the triangle border is too delimiting. We have to do squares and or rectangles. I was thinking about wonky packages. Maybe I'll still give it a try, but I'm not as excited about it as I would have been if the triangle border blended better.

8 Comments:

Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wonderful! I was going to send you an e-mail today to ask you what you were going to do with these patches - you showed just the blocks before and I was interested. Looks good.

Cheers!

Evelyn

10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the colour combination - looking good

8:44 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

I love it too---simple but effective design. You can do so much with a nine patch, can't you?

Are you making this for yourself or someone else?

9:39 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

great looking quilt going...nine patches can be so varied in quilts.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Hooray for getting to that point, and so glad you love it!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Your quilt looks good, and I am looking forward to see more of it :-)

2:24 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

this one is a good looking quilt...i'm glad you like it!
hugs
laurie

10:39 PM  
Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

It looks marvelous! I"m glad your loving it!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home