My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

the hurrieder i go the behinder i get

That's just the way my life is going. I just cannot seem to get on track. I am always behind and it seems I just get further and further. To all of my friends I owe emails.... I haven't forgotten and I will write back. I will also try to post here more often. I also have to clean this house at some point. DH really does a lot around the house and with him gone I am having a hard time keeping up. The way I figure it at some point things just have to level out.
I have sent thank you notes, but I haven't yet posted my final gift from the Advent Swap I was involved in. It was great fun and if it comes along next year I am signing up again. In the meantime April and I have decided to do one of our own. I already have a list of ideas of things to make and do and 2 gifts started. My final gift was this nice tote bag with a sewing theme. Thank you Jenny.
I haven't posted my SSCS either. I have been doing this swap since Chookyblue started it. She runs a great swap. Thanks Chooky. My swap came from Christine this year. This is an adorable little wall hanging with beautiful little stitcheries. The bon bon was filled with yummy chocolate. That did not last long at all.
I got a great surprise on New Year's day. DD surprised me with a trip home. I tried to get a picture of her to post, but she wouldn't let me. We had a nice visit, but not long enough as usual. She didn't let me know she was coming either and I had just taken 2 weeks off from work so I couldn't take more time.
On my way home from work on Thursday I was in ANOTHER accident. I was yielding and the car behind me didn't. I am starting to get a serious complex. People must see the spare tire on the back of my CRV as a target. I felt the hit, but when we got out and looked there didn't appear to be any damage to my car. This seemed unlikely since the grill was smashed and the hood was crumpled on the car that hit me. Yesterday DS took the spare off and there are some pretty good dents in the panel behind the tire. It is going to have to be replaced. I'm going to make an appointment with the body shop tomorrow to get an estimate. See why I am behind? I can't seem to catch a break. I bet no one wonders why I hate to drive. My count is now at 5 and none my fault. Does anyone else feel like that is a lot?

3 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

Glad to hear she came home for a visit
sorry to hear about your accident, I know how you feel
I just got my CRV back from someone hitting me while I was at a stop sign and he was texting turning the corner...
hopefully this will be a better year for you .
I hope your husbands traveling stops soon, isn't his turn up soon!
hopefully this means your stitching a bit more at night? Love the little wallhanging...very cute
Kathie

7:45 AM  
Blogger suz said...

I completely understand how you feel. After 2 accidents on holiday weekends (one on Memorial Day, which totaled that car, and then the following Labor Day - minor damage, but could/should have been much worse) I won't drive on holiday weekends! I don't even want to be in someone else's car - and this all happened several years ago! I'm glad you are okay though! I guess, in the end, that's the important thing.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Chookyblue...... said...

time sure stops for no one..........hope you feel in control soon..........thanks for being in the SSCS yet again............lovely gift there from Christine...........

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home