My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, March 05, 2007

what do you think?

I had planned this weekend to work on my February Christmas presents. I didn't do it the weekend closest to the 25th because it was DS's birthday on the 23rd and he came home so we could celebrate. My baby is 19. He's home again for Spring Break. DH had to go get him a day early on Thursday because almost the entire state of Maine shut down last Friday for a storm. Personally, I didn't think the storm ended up being that bad, but I didn't have to drive in it.
Anyway, I couldn't think of any ideas for presents so I worked on my Fireside Cozy for JudyL's use the stash challenge. It's all cut out now. I was so excited I wanted to get started putting some blocks together. I have 3 almost together and now I am not sure I like the red. The red will be in opposite corners of every square. I chose the fabrics that I wasn't sure about coordinating well with the red and it's not speaking to me. I have enough of a dark green, almost black, or a chocolate brown, but I have a brown paisley and a dark green that I think will have the same effect as the ones I have done. The colors are fairly accurate in the picture. So, what do you all think? Do you like the red? What other color do you think might be better? I would love any ideas.

8 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

My son's home on spring break too--- what a hoot....life is definitely different when they come back to the house...

6:04 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I like the blue in the corners... (I can't "see" the red, maybe the photo os to dark or the contrast is too low... so no opinion there... I do however like that blue with the brown...)

6:57 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

It's hard to go wrong with any of those options - in ordinary circumstances I would pick red, but since that isn't working the green/black or chocolate brown would be high on the list. Mostly it's what satisfies your eye.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I always love red, I think your blocks look great but if your not liking it than maybe change it. Go with your gut feeling.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I'm not familiar with the pattern that you are making. . .but the light corners seem to "jump out". . are they supposed to be that noticable? If so then you may want to lighten up the red corners, since from your picture the red doesn't show up at all.

Of course the red might look completely different in "real life" than they do in the picture.

Your blocks are looking good though, keep up the terrific work. . I can't wait to see how the entire top looks.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, I was a 47 in dr.phil's test as well. We shall be charming and lively together!!
Love your work space, and why am I getting a vision of Elvis playing guitar and dancing on a beach when you mention Spring break?? Not something we have here. Cheers, Tracey ( The spring break, not the dancing elvis!)

5:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Red would be my first choice, but it looks dark enough to be getting lost with the darker colors. I like the blue so maybe I'd do another, medium color, in the other corners. Hmm...

11:15 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I like how the red goes well with the other triangles, and would probably look just fine in the quilt. But if you don't like the look, I agree with Veronica that maybe it is just too dark. I would choose a lighter color - maybe a medium or a light depending on the look you are going for.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home