My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

round 6

This was my last round, applique. I finished it the night before I had to go to exchange them so I didn't get a chance to post a picture. This was so delightfully 30's that I had to do something to compliment. I had originally wanted to do an entire border of either baskets or butterflies. With the sun on the top I didn't feel that I could do anything along the top. If I had done something along the sides it would have added more beside the sun and I didn't like the idea of that either. I don't know where the idea for the fence came from. I think I got it in the shower. For some reason that's where I do most of my thinking. ;o) The size wouldn't lend itself easily to just the fence so added the gate in the center so I could vary the size of the center picket. I then added both some butterflies and flowers that would have been in the baskets if I had done a basket border. I like it and the person who owns it seemed very pleased.

9 Comments:

Blogger Silverthimble said...

Thanks for sharing the round robin pictures. Sometimes you hear of disasterous results in a round robin, but there isn't a quilt from your group that wouldn't be proud to take home! I like how you linked to your round and then showed us the final quilt. I can see that you have great imagination when it comes to adding your round to these quilts--very nice!!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Lovely round robin quilts and it is nice to see one which is not square. i like the colours of this one too.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Lynn Dykstra said...

They are all beautiful, but I especially like the little free form triangles you put around the Christmas tree--just the right touch.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Tami, that is a winner-such a good solution to your dilema of the sun. I'd never think of something like that, I'm not good outside the lines.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Happy New Year. Thank you for sharing these round robin pictures. I always worry that my workmanship won't be up to snuff for group quilts! These all turned out so beautiful!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

That looks wonderful. What a creative solution!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Dormouse said...

I love the fence idea, it is perfect for this quilt.

Got to agree that they all turned out wonderfully.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

I think they have all turned out really well so far!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog Tami! And yes, I am shameless when it comes to comments. ehehehe...

Which I should do myself more often. You are one of my favorite quilting blogs!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home