My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

i had plans... there were lists...

I am so disappointed. I had such plans for this past weekend. Thursday, before I left the office, I had made detailed lists of all I had ready to get accomplished this weekend starting with getting the groceries and shopping chores out of the way on Friday after work so my weekend would be free. I got home feeling fine, started through the mail and all of a sudden I felt sick. I didn't even finish with the mail. That was it I was down for the weekend with the stomach flu.
I have accepted Judy L.'s Stash Reduction Challenge and was really looking forward to getting started on it. I chose my favorite fabric. The green in the center of the picture. I pulled another 30 or so to go with it including a bunch of my Kansas Troubles that I have also been having trouble cutting. This green fabric has a history. Any who have been reading my blog may remember it from a workshop I took with Debbie Caffrey in July. I had trouble putting it in the selection for the mystery because it was going to be used up. I was so proud, I loved it and I was going to use it. Due to an error in the instructions that were sent to some of the participants (that was during my "bad luck" period so of course I got incorrect instructions) I had to re cut and didn't have enough to complete the quilt. I only needed another 1/4 yard, but I couldn't find it at the shop I had originally bought it from or online. I searched around and finally found another shop that had it and since I had run out I didn't want that to happen again, so I ended up purchasing 3 more yards. Anyone else do that? Run out of something then overbuy?
I spent my TV viewing evenings last week straightening them. They were all ready to cut on Thursday night. Oh well, the best laid plans and all. I am happy to say I am feeling pretty much back to myself today. Maybe tonight I will get started on the cutting.

13 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

glad to hear you're feeling better. Even though your plans came unravelled, you did make progress simply having a plan. It'll let you move ahead this week. :-)

3:58 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Hope you are completely recovered, don't overdue and set yourself back. Now you can look forward to starting your project...again.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Good luck on the Stash Reduction Challenge. I also overbuy when I run out and don't want to take the chance of running out again.

6:09 PM  
Blogger bingo~bonnie said...

I am sorry to har that you spent the weekend feeling sick. Don't worry though about your list, I'm sure is it still around somewhere and it won't matter when you actually cross those items off ;) Hope you feel better soon! ~Bonnie

11:57 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Stomach flu is the worst, but I love the fabric-- I understand how it would be tough to cut them up. They'll make a beautiful quilt.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Oh Tami, getting sick on a weekend is never a good thing, especially when you made big plans for yourself. I'm glad that you are feeling better, and can get back to quilting.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I hate it when my plans get sidelined. I'm glad you feel better now and maybe this weekend you can work on your challenge. I really had a lot of fun with mine and look forward to seeing what Judy has in store for us next month.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Glad you are feeling better -- love the fabric selections . . . wonder what they will become?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Sweet P said...

I like your fabric choices. I hope you're feeling better. Stomach flu is no fun.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Hope you are feeling MUCH better! (And yes- I have run out and then over bought. I've also simply overbought out of fear of running out...)

7:01 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Oh, no! Not the stomach flu! Well, you tried and that was certainly beyond your control.

Hope you're feeling much better now.

12:21 PM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

I can relate to your overbuy...I've had fabric in the scrap/give-away pile only to use it in a donation quilt and decide I love it and have to have more! There is a brain gap there - the fabric has sat unwanted for years but the moment I cut into it I love it?

4:01 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

I hope you are recovered now. If not I wish you speedy recovery. Nothing worse than being sick! Your log cabin with flower quilts are so cute.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home