My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Monday, January 29, 2007

so far so good

Well I managed to keep my New Year's resolution at least through January and bust some stash. :o) I resolved to work on Christmas presents the weekend closest to the 25th each month so I will be better situated this December.

These are finished except for the binding. I found this pattern in one of my Whimsicals pattern books, Pastimes. It has been on my list to make since I got the book. I really love the way they turned out. I'm not sure who I am going to give them to, but I have quite a few friends who I think would like them. I might even keep one for myself. ;c)
I also added lining with pockets to the larger felted purses I have been knitting. This will make them much more useful. I now have 2 of these and 3 of the small version tucked away for gifts.
Everything I made came from my stash. It feels great to have such a good head start on Christmas and get rid of some fabric at the same time!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tiny applique log cabins are so cute! I don't blame you for keeping one for yourself :-)

4:04 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Homesuns are my favorite. I just love these pieces. Are the centers wool?

6:22 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

The felted bag is very cute. I can't believe you can even think of Christmas now. You will be very glad you did next December though.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Way to bust the stash, Tami! Don't lament the lack of quilty output--you are still being quite creative with these and the log cabins.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Those blocks are really cute.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

I wonder how many times I have made two of something so I could bear to part with one as a gift?

7:25 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

great idea for getting a head start on Christmas presents... my only problem would be not keeping them all for me :-)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wonderful start on Christmas!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Love the little log cabine, they're just adorable!

4:03 PM  
Blogger quiltwhinny said...

Wondering who the author or publisher of the book, Pastimes, is? Love the look!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home