My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

my scattered self

I am not sure what is wrong with me in this new year. I think it may be a combination of things. My mom finishing her chemotherapy, but not knowing really where things are going from here on. Having my company suddenly decide to change their vacation policy when I am months away from getting 6 additional days each year and now I will never get any more. Having both of the kids home for the holidays and then they leave again. And having so many projects I want to do, but most of my time having to be spent on things that have to be done. Basically we are 12 days into the new year and I have completed nothing except starting a new stash. I have yet to even minimally deplete the fabric stash and I have started collecting wool yarn. I am hooked on felting knit items. There are sales. Need I say more? This is a little purse I made for a friend at Christmas. Isn't it cute? I love miniatures. I have since made 3 more in blues when I should have been making Christmas presents. :c\ I have no one to give them to, but I felt like making them. I now have an entire selection of yarn to make probably dozens more.
Last night I came into my sewing, computer room and was going to do a quick post and then make some more Heartstring blocks for Nancy, but I sat down and started reading the blogs I subscribe to. (You guys are quite chatty lately finishing up your projects.) I just kept reading, then chatted online for a while with a friend who has moved away then picked up a book to read ..... I just can't seem to get motivated. I was in the right room and everything. I have always been a list person. If it is listed I do it just for the thrill of crossing it off, but lists aren't even helping.
OK enough complaining.Nancy. I did manage to get a few blocks made for you. I will send them off on Tuesday. Send me some motivational thoughts and I will try to get some more done before the mail goes out. Misty and Dusky approved them for you and added a little kitty fur for their charitable contribution. :oD

11 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

Its hard to be upbeat and motivated when you take so many body hits from life... give yourself some time and you'll bounce back, but it sounds like you've had more than your share of things that have upset life of late.... Hugs :-)

11:38 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Misty and dusky are SO cute.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Enjoy your little kitties! Small progress is always progress, so don't beat yourself up - your blocks are sure to warm someone's heart!

Cheers!

Evelyn

2:32 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

Some days are just like that! Your blocks look terrific, and so do those darling kittens!

2:49 AM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

I'm having a little grouble getting myself going this month, too.
Aaah, well, but the fabric will wait for us till we're ready to get sewing again :)
Jeanne

10:27 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Great blocks...you know they are good because the kitties love them.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Just keep doing what you're doing -- you never know where the inspiration to get going will come from .

7:09 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

The blocks are wonderful. And already cat approved. LOL! My Sam seems to make it in every photo I try to take of quilt blocks or tops. Your 2 sure are cuties. :-) Thank you for helping make my birthday so special.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Your string blocks are lovely and with cat control too :-)
I hope you will feel better soon.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Tami, you need to be nicer to yourself. You have a lot going on, and it is all right to give yourself permission to take a break now and then.
That little purse is adorable. I've never seen a purse that small before.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Felting is addictive. Ask me how I know *grin*... I LOVE the colors of your string blocks!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home