My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

my life is nothing if not eventful

This past weekend DH started feeling jealous that both DS and I had ridden in an ambulance. He decided that he would like to have the experience for himself. Saturday, as I was working on my first quilt on my new quilting machine (more on that later) he came and told me that he was not feeling well. I tried to get him into the car to take to the emergency room, but he was in so much pain he didn't think he could make it. Long story short paramedics, drive to the emergency room, 4 hours and numerous tests later he has gall stones. For the time being he is going to try and control it with diet, but he may eventually have to have his gall bladder out.
Now for the good stuff. I have a new long arm quilt machine!! :D It was April's, but she is on a serious Spring cleaning spree and is getting rid of loads of things. Well her puirging is great for me. I've been wanting one for a while and this was just too good to pass up. I had 2 baby quilt tops that I had made a while ago that were waiting to be quilted. They are both ready for binding. It's going to take me a while to get good at it, but I'm pleased with my first and second attempts. I'm going to really try to get them both done for my May OPAM tally.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamara Hampton said...

congrats on the new tool!!! how exciting. Will keep your husband in my prayers. I bet hes in some pain!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home