My Photo
Name:
Location: Maine, United States

I am a 40 something year old mother of 2. I have always been interested in crafts since my sister and I spent summer weeks with my Grandmother, who was a very crafty lady, while my mother was in college. I mostly quilt since I seem to have an obsession with owning large quantities of fabric, but at one point or another think I have tried almost every craft out there.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

i got nothin'

I've been busy, but I haven't accomplished anything. It seems to go that way sometimes. After I had such a good January I hope I can get back on track for February. I've been having a little trouble focusing on one thing. DH is home from Alabama for good. :D I've been spending time with him instead of sewing.
Work has been taking up more time as well. We have 2 book clubs going with work related subject books. I am going to become an expert on the art of agile programming and programming design patterns. I've never been in a book club before. It should be fun.
April loved the needle binder I made her for Christmas so much she posted on some ravelry groups and has gotten a number of people interested in having one of their own. Her mother really wants one and I suppose I should have one for myself. I have been working on writing up a pattern with step by step instructions and pictures. A number of years ago I started writing notes as I design projects because I have wanted to duplicate something before and had trouble remembering what I had done. The problem is that my notes aren't very understandable for anyone else. I have been constructing one for myself and writing down the steps as I go along. I'm getting pretty close to having the cover complete. I will write instructions for the individual pages and people can decide which configurations work best for them. When it's complete I'm going to hand it off to April to make one for her mom as a test of how understandable my instructions are.
I spent a few hours scouring the stash for fabrics for my first Jo's little quilt. I need 64 light and 64 dark 1 1/2" squares. It's not that I don't have that many fabrics, but I want them to be of the same quality and "feel" of patterns. In addition to the 24 fat quarters I got with the class I have come up with another 10 or so. April is going through hers as well and we are going to share. I am not going to buy any more.

2 Comments:

Blogger antique quilter said...

glad your going to do a pattern for the needle binder, loved that!
while your cutting squares cut yourself a 2" square too for the thimble quilt
I mailed you a package on Saturday, you will need to add some more of your own fabrics but I sent enough for a very good start !
can't wait to hear if you like them
kathie

5:11 AM  
Blogger mckie2 said...

Heh - we had been doing the agile development process for about a year before I retired last year. It seemed to take us twice as long to get anything significant accomplished. Hope it works better for you.

Love your blog and kitty in a box. I'm a long time lurker.

Have a great day,
Susan

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home